August 23, 2005
The latest item of clothing I’ve purchased towards my Kilimanjaro trip is this really cool jacket.
I purchased the Sprayway Cirrus XCR Jacket at a Gear Zone sale for the bargain price of GBP 129.99. It’s probably the most expensive, but best jacket I’ve ever owned. I’ll get a chance to try it out this weekend when climbing Snowdon.
From the Sprayway Jacket Label:
2 layer Brenva Gore-Tex XCR in the main body with contrast 2 layer Khumbu Gore-tex XCR in the high wear areas.
- Full storm hood with Velcro face closure, volume adjuster and wired peak. Can be rolled away in the collar or zipped off and removed
Zip removable snowskirt with lift pass window
- Half mesh lined body for breathability, sleeves are mesh lined and half taffeta for increased underarm ventilation and to help overarm to slide in easily
- Double front storm flap with Velcro closure
- Full pit zip ventilation
- Volume adjustable collar to cinch out windchill, drawcord at hem and collar (drawcord loop at hem can be secured internally to prevent ‘snagging’)
- External water resistant chest zip
- Elasticated drawcord at hem and collar (drawcord loop at hem can be secured internally to prevent ‘snagging’)
- Semi-elasticated cuffs + velcro adjustment
Top end cross functional mountain jacket, using the latest fabrics and production techniques
Believe me, this jacket rocks and is well worth the money I paid for it!!· Email this article · Comments (1) · Permalink · Categories: Climbing, Kilimanjaro, Clothing, Sport