Daniel Byrom’s birth now registered
Posted on August 11, 2006 in News
I took some time out today to go and register Daniels birth at the local Registrar of Births and Deaths in Maidstone. Here’s a peek at what the birth certificate looks like as well as the copy birth certificate.
Thanks to David Kendall who undertook the registration process. Actually, this registration process is one of the few processes here in the UK that is not automated i.e. you can’t do it over the phone or via the internet. However, a survey I filled in before the registration process seems to indicate that they are thinking of going this route. The Kent County Council site describes the birth registration process and provides information on the following topics and questions:
- Where and when must I register a birth?
- Making an appointment
- Who can register a birth?
- Information for the register and birth certificate
- What happens when I talk to the registrar?
- Naming your baby
- What will I be given?
- Do I have to pay a fee?
- Do I need copies of the birth certificate?
- Unmarried fathers and parental responsibility
- Marriage of a child’s natural parents - “re-registration”
- Celebrating and commemorating the birth
· Email this article